24 September 2014

It's been too long..

It's time to come back to my blogging roots.

I can't believe it's almost been 1 year since my last post. To be fair, I haven't really utilised this blog to it's full potential in over a year. I don't know when I decided that blogging, or even writing in a diary, was no longer therapeutic or a necessity to managing my crazy life (or lack thereof lol). All I know is... this morning I emerged from my slumber at 6AM and had an itch to start typing away. I'm not sure if I will continue to make a habit of this; I'm not even sure that when I do, I will dedicate all my posts to personal reflections or if I'll begin publishing reviews again. What I do know is.. whether anyone reads this or not, I'm posting this for me. And me alone.

Looking back on the past year feels like a blur; however for the first time in a while I can really acknowledge the fact that, "hey, a lot has happened!".

I'll admit, last year was a very difficult time for myself and a lot of people close to me. It was a sad period in my life and while all the hurt has withered away, I don't think I'll ever forget how much it shook everyone's lives. I'm glad to see that 9-10 months on, things are looking brighter though and that's all that really matters. I think the whole experience allowed me to appreciate my friendships a whole lot more and it taught me a lot about myself too. I learnt not to continue letting the past linger in my thoughts and decisions, and that honesty is so crucial in any relationship - including the relationship you have with yourself.

Although I am not an avid believer in fate, somehow, things seem to happen for a reason. Something bad may end up being the catalyst for bringing about something good. Then again, maybe all it comes down to is this...

There is no right answer in life.
Right and wrong answers co-exist in every decision.
Wise people make a choice and make it the right answer.
Foolish people regret the decision and make it the wrong decision.
There is no right answer in life.
There is only the process to make it the right answer.

I can't remember where I got that from, but I'm pretty sure it was from a Korean drama about divorce. Interestingly enough, even though I cut out the parts pertaining to marriage and divorce, I think the quote applies quite nicely to all aspects of life. This kind of outlook really reiterates that being honest with yourself, and in turn, trusting yourself and the decisions you will make is very important. When we aren't being honest and when we don't trust ourselves, all that's left is regret. We dwell on the 'what if's' in life, instead of the 'what is'.

I could sit here and list every single thing that happened over the past year - but I'm not going to. Today, I will say only this.. I am happy and I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment